Skip to main content

THE KEEPER CHAPTER 2

 Chapter 2

“Welcome home honey” Motola said collecting Chris’ briefcase

“Thank you my love” he responded kissing her forehead. “You look amazing” he said

“Thank you honey” she responded

Motola shut the door as Chris walked towards the bedroom. He did a double take at the dinning and turned to see her smiling shyly behind him.

“SURPRISE!!!!!” Motola exclaimed laughing

“Wow my love, this is a wonderful surprise. So this why you told me you had to leave work early eh?”

“Yes honey” Motola replied. “I wanted us to have a quiet, romantic anniversary dinner at home”

Chris moved towards his beautiful wife, carried her and spun her round.

“Please put me down, you’re very tired” she pleaded amidst laughter.

“Not until you guess how much I love you” he replied

“A whole lot” Motola said

“No”

“Very much?”

“Not even close” he replied spinning her faster

“Chris please put me down; we are going to wake Joana”

He complied and set her on the floor, holding her to his chest as their breathing slowly went back to normal.

“You’re wrong my love” Chris said still holding Motola, “Words cannot describe the depth of my love for you”

For the umpteenth time, Motola couldn’t believe her good fortune. Chris was everything she had hoped for and more. He was unashamedly honest and sincere in his love for her. Though they had been married almost a decade now, his love for her was as genuine as the first time; fresh like flowers in spring. He was loving, patient, caring and above all, honest. Indeed, she had married the best man. She couldn’t wait to “give” him his present; let him in on the secret about to change their lives forever.

“Let me go and freshen up, I’ll be right back” he said taking his briefcase from her

“Of course honey” Motola replied.

He kissed her fully on her lips, smiled, before going to the bedroom




* * * * * *


Fifteen minutes later, Chris joined Motola on the dining table. While she dished the food, he poured the champagne in the wine glasses.

“Hmmmm, chicken and egg fried rice with peppered shrimp and gizzard sauce, my favourite” said Chris “Thank you my love”

“Anything for you my darling”

After a short prayer, they clinked wine glasses. However the ringing of the doorbell interrupted their blissful evening.

Frowning, she asked “Are you expecting someone?”

“No” Chris replied standing up “Let me see who it is”

Just as Chris opened the door, three men in black jumpsuits and masks burst in brandishing weapons.

“EVERYBODY DOWN!!!” they said

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I HEART YOU" : local or endearing?

Let me start by stating that I mean no disrespect to anyone but I have to ask, what is with this common phrase "I heart you?" Is it because of the general miconception that love exists in our hearts? Or because society has tagged the heart as the birth, growth and resting place of love? What about the other school of thought that believes love exists in our brain? After all, memories of your beloved is stored in your brain, so please where does the "I heart you" phrase come to play? Many will argue with me and say that the racing of our hearts when our beloved is closeby, justifys the phrase. If that is so, then I guess those who subscribe to the belief of butterflies in our tummy should be allowed to coin theirs? How will you react if someone says "I stomach you?" I don't know about you, but thoughts of little Red Riding Hood swallowed by the wolf will be my impression plus an obvious look of surprise followed immediately by horror. That is if I d

EXCEPT FROM THE RETREAT BY Aiyegbusi Ololade

 Hello everyone, my apologies for the long absence 🙏 I have been preoccupied with studies for my Master's degree program 🎓 as well as other personal issues. During this time, I have been working on a pet project 😂 💃 I hope to have it published as a novel when I am done. Before that happens, enjoy this long except from the story 😂😘😉 "Thank you" said Lara when they were alone. "Don't mention it" he replied quietly. "I need to go, but I'll be back soon. I'll tell Zara to -" "Please don't tell her." Lara interrupted sitting up quickly. Malik frowned looking confused. "Why?" He asked I don't want her to worry about something so trivial." She replied "Too late. I already sent her a text, and I'm sure she's on her way here" he replied checking his phone. "Great!! She's probably panicking" Lara said standing up. She went to the window to look out, the sun was very bright. She h

LOVE ....... butterflies, electricity or simply the word itself?

                                      LOVE!!!          A word that means different things to different people. Some get bitten by its bug at first sight, some much later, while some never even sight it in a million live times. I once knew someone who believed that when you love someone, you argue like old couples but have fun like teenage besties.          A lot of people mix love with lust or obsession. My definition of lust is pure animal attraction to beauty and sex appeal, while that of obsession is a compulsive emotion whereby a person's feelings and thoughts are controlled by a desire. A fair amount of us over think and analyse love. We are ruled by society's ideals and beliefs on what love means, what it should be and how it should feel. We need to relax and realize that   " love is just love "